• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Absolute lethargy after taking piracetam

McTwist

Bluelighter
I've read it could be linked to choline deficiency, but I don't see how I can lack choline when I consume 2 to 3 eggs every morning and take a dose of 500mg - 1000mg of choline citrate with my dose of 1.5g piracetam. I used to eat this stuff nearly everyday last year and never have had a problem, until recently within the past few months. Each dose has my mind mildly stimulated for an hour or two, then all of a sudden this mental cloud rolls in which seems to dull everything, a rain of lethargy pours over my body, drowning itself in unaided exhaustion. I just woke up from a piracetam induced nap for about an hour. It seems now that I'm finally awake that I am not actually that tired, but that could be cause my dose was around 4 - 5 o'clock and it's finally wearing off.

I don't know. I used to swear by the stuff, especially in combination with a source of caffeine, but lately it's been doing more harm than good. Has anyone else had problems like this? I've read from many different sources and no one really can pinpoint what's going on. I might have to cease use altogether....

Are you sure that it is related to piracetam usage, and not to any underlying factors?